General Contractors Program
We have been offering EXCLUSIVE General Liability programs for General Contractors for over 20 years. As one of the longest running programs for this class of business in the Midwest, we have unique insight and abilities to underwrite a wide variety of residential and commercial risks falling into this category.
Whether that be 100% paper general contracting or artisan work with a mix of subcontracting of nearly any variation, we pride ourselves in finding a way to give you a competitive advantage with an A+ X (Superior) rated carrier that truly understands this class of business from coverage to claims to audits. This is a carrier who has been successfully writing General Contractors for 25 years. This is very, very important, and is many times overlooked as eager carriers and programs come and go after giving this class an underpriced try.
We write new ventures, large and small, homebuilders, commercial build-outs, single projects, owners as GC’s, one-of-a kind. We will entertain so-call construction managers, consultants, and owners’ representatives if proper risk transfer mechanisms are in place.
We can compete with any market out there for this class of business – if it makes sense to do so. Please feel free to discuss your risk with us. For your General Contractors who fall outside the program boundaries we have several in-house binding authority markets to meet your needs.
Program Highlights and Additional Coverage Options Available
- Additional Insureds - Primary, Non-Contributory , Blanket Additional Insureds (when required by written contract), Waivers of Subrogation, Additional Insureds including Products/Completed Operations (when acceptable) are available for an additional charge.
- Subcontractor Endorsement broad coverage
- ZERO Deductible Options - available where warranted
- Increased Limits - Primary single policy limits can be increased up to $5,000,000
- Umbrella/Excess Liability - up to $10,000,00 in-house & up to $25,000,000 in brokerage
- Prior Work Coverage available where warranted
- Employee Benefits Liability - Limits up to $1,000,000 available covering the Insured against liability claims alleging improper advice or other errors or omissions in the administration of the employer’s employee benefit plans.
- Hired & Non-Owned Auto Liability - Coverage is available on a non-admitted basis with limits up to $1,000,000.
- Per Project Aggregate Limit Endorsement (subject to a maximum policy General Aggregate of $5,000,000)
- Commercial Property Coverage & Contractor’s Equipment Coverage
Annual Minimum Premiums starting at $1,500 for $1,000,000 Occurrence/$2,000,000 Aggregate
Complete our General’s Program Application and submit for a quote today.